Sunday, February 28, 2010

New York... je t'aime

This weekend rang in an over-due city visit, and of course a celebration was to be had. And where else to spend a weekend than the bright lights of New York City?

A celebration in the city calls for a well thought out ensemble. For me it was all about the shoes. By some miraculous feat of God I scored a pair of the sold-out-everywhere Jeffrey Campbell "Tick" wedge booties. Pebbled leather, studded wedge, zip-up sexual seduction. So of course, my outfit was all about the shoes.



I kept it simple, pairing a solid black cami with a black flat-pleat mini (LOVELOVE the exposed back zip on the skirt. It adds a little raw edge to a feminine piece). Then jazzed it up with accessories and let the shoes speak for themselves... and did they ever.



Slipping on these 5 inchers turned me into a statuesque blonde frolicking around the streets of NYC. And at already 5'9" ... I turned a few heads (maybe in fear). Believe it or not... these wedges are SO COMFORTABLE they put the Juicy ballerina flats I wore in to shame!! I had my emergency band-aid blister kit on hand (a MUST with any heels and late night drinks and dancing) and I didn't even need to use it. Holler that.

My accessories included vintage chandelier earrings, bangles, and my favorite piece of costume jewelry in my collection...




This cocktail ring gets more attention than any piece of jewelry I have ever rocked. I usually have at least 4 to 5 people commenting on it whenever I wear it out. And rightfully so! Its pretty fierce and thats why I had to have it!

The best part of my outfit besides what is mentioned above?? My new gorgeous engagement ring...!


xo L

3 comments:

Sarah said...

oh your engaged? congrats!! must post close up of the engaement ring :P
love the shoes, love the outfit x

Thelma Emily said...

you. are. GORGEOUSSSSS

Jessica said...

Love those boots!